Saturday, November 3, 2007

Class-links Post

Something that I find very important and take serious is the fact that I have other personal resources so that I can learn more about my topic of stem cell research. In particular, I have found three blogs that interest me and they are worth visiting. Primarily, similar to my blog, trailrunner89's blog discusses the issues behind stem cell research, such as embryos being defined as human beings and religion vs. science. Trailrunner89 successfully argues in favor of stem cell research as she provides outside resources and captivates her audience as this blog contains many comments.
Through the course of researching the controversies behind the advanced reliance in stem cells, it has come to my attention that abortion and stem cell research parallel each other through issues concerning the treatment of embryos. Because of this, I have been able to research through blogs regarding abortion and relate certain topics to stem cell research. HotShot's blog goes into detail of the scientific explanation of where life begins and this person also gives the political aspect behind abortion. HotShot is pro-choice and this blog is definitely worth visiting as it is informative and the political cartoons are very appealing. Also, KGood's blog is a good resource regarding abortion. Like HotShot, KGoods is pro-choice. He presents both sides to abortion. Specifically, he mentions how the church is involved in abortion and how the government deals with the whole debate regarding abortion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog. You talk about stem cell research in a way I've never heard before. Usually, when I think about stem cell research, I think about cloning. But you've talked so much about how stem cell research is beneficial, and it's opened my eyes to a new way of thinking. I've also spent time on Trailrunner89's blog, and it's pretty good for researching also. I haven't looked at either of the abortion blogs yet, but I will soon enough.

Adrian Lopez said...

This response is for "anonymous":

I'm glad that you have enjoyed researching and reading my blog. I've tried really hard to present both sides of the argument. I'm also glad you're rethinking your view of stem cell research. I can relate to you on this because I use to oppose stem cell research due to my religious views.
I really like Trailrunner89's blog. Partially, our blogs are similar because we are both for stem cell research. I actually know Trailrunner89 and she seems to be a very intelligent person. She clearly shows this through the facts and resources she presents in her blog. She strongly emphasizes that embryonic stem cell research is more beneficial than adult stem cell research.
My advice to you is go check out those abortion blogs because abortion parallels with stem cell research, and you can further understand the issues and controversies behind both topics. Thank you for your input and have a great time making your own theories on stem cell research.

Anonymous said...

Awesome.
I haven't really dug deep into stem cell research because honestly, I really didn't care about it in the first place. I mean, I have certain opinions on it. I feel like stem cell research is very positive, and it should be used in moderation. I'm not necessarily for cloning, but if scientist can create cures to diseases, what's wrong with stem cell research? I like Trailrunner's blog, because this person talks a lot about religion and science. I also like the overall tone.
I can see how stem cell research relates to abortion. I mean, working with embryos is very controversial these days because they might be living. Hotshot's blog is nice. I like the political cartoons and KGood's blog is pretty sweet also. All of you guys sound very smart.

Adrian Lopez said...

This response is for Andy:

Well, it seems to me that you have somewhat of a foundation of your thoughts on stem cell research. I feel that stem cell should be used with moderation also. I'm not for cloning a full being, especially a human. I'm glad that you took the time to view all the blogs I mentioned in my post. I also admire HotShot's political cartoons.
I hope that you begin to make your own concrete thoughts about stem cell research through your research quest. Thanks for you input.

HotShot said...

By having similar topics, I was able to apply some of your knowledge regarding stem cell research into my knowledge of abortion. You present your ideas in a scholarly, yet easy manner for the reader to understand. I think you did a great job and your blog and maybe you got people to "care" about this topic because I know that you brought good points that has affected my opinion greatly with a couple of different situations. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Adult dates and sex dating gives you the opportunity for hooking up with sexy singles and swingers